Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN

Doo dee doo doo.... doo dee doo da doo....


So last weekend was my final trip, to Pucon, a small town in the lakes district of Chile. I think it might have been the greenest, most peaceful place that I've visited so far. A good last hurrah, methinks.

We traveled through the night on Thursday for the umpteenth time, and arrived early Friday morning. We settled into our cabanas (note: CIEE paid for this trip, for everything except excursions, thus our accommodations were INSANE. I shared a cabin with four other girls. There were TWO BATHROOMS, and a kitchen. 'Twas the life), and headed out again to a Mapuche community center. We spent the afternoon there, ate their amazingly delicious food, played with their instruments, and then headed back into town. Everyone was exhausted, so we cooked in that night and braced ourselves for the next day...

On Saturday, I went ziplining in the morning!! It's apparently the longest zipline circuit in South America, which was sweet. It's the second time I've flown in South America!


The group getting ready!



Achieving flight... AGAIN

Later that afternoon, I went horseback riding on this cool mountain trail. The people who we rented the horses from matched us up by haircolor.... I mean, that's one way to do it, right? But my horse had brown hair and blue eyes! At the end of the trail, we hiked a little bit to the most impressing waterfall I've ever seen.... I know the picture is sideways, but if you tilt your head and imagine, I think you understand the beauty :)




This is what I look like as a horse.

This is what I look like on a horse


Waterfall!


Another night in, with this sweet card game that I'll have to teach yall when I get home! And then on Sunday, we went to these hot springs about an hour outside of Pucon! However, I was much more intrigued by the river that ran next to the hot springs, and spent most of my time playing on the rocks.... until I fell into the water, and got scared by the rapids and decided that maybe the small pools were a better fit for me.



And today is my last FULL day in Chile. I'm really excited to go back, but at the same time, I don't want to leave. I want to do both at once. I have that awkward, nervous lump in my throat... it's kind of the same way I felt when I came here, which surprises me.

36 hours until takeoff....

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your blogs! I have looked forward to them every week and I will miss them. You will just have to continue traveling and seek out new adventures!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete